Monday, January 31, 2011

Current Projects: Socks and more yarn!

After finishing the hat and yellow/blue yarn, it was time to move on to the next works-in-progress. I dived into my big box of unfinished projects, and came up with these two:
After I finished the first pair of these socks, I just stopped working on them. So yesterday I cast on for the second sock and I am halfway done with the ribbing. They are the Swedish Fish Socks.

Next, I found this gray bamboo and pink mohair yarn. It's definitely an interesting combo.
When I first started this project, I didn't have a spinning wheel and I was spinning it with a spindle. So when I picked it up again, I transferred it to my wheel and I'm 3/4 of the way done with it now.

Come back tomorrow! I will be talking about lip balm and shoes. (Surprise, surprise!)

4 comments:

  1. Those socks are going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you made those so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those fish on those socks?? That's amazing! You are one talented bonnie lass!
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting fiber combination! Is spinning bamboo and mohair together difficult? I've never tried, so I'd be quite curious.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)